- Bathe your bathroom in light. You’ve heard it before: Lighting is everything. This is especially true when it comes to making your bathroom feel spacious, bright, and open, as a designer bathroom should feel. Because lighting in bathrooms is so often chosen for simplicity and function, making a statement with this element will upgrade your bathroom’s aesthetic impact fast. Whether you choose sleek and modern sconces, a sweet and feminine chandelier, or a naturally lovely skylight, fine lighting is one simple and easy way to make your bathroom feel more luxurious.
- Create a focal point. We line our living rooms and bedrooms with prints, posters, art, and vases, but often, we forget about decor in the bathroom. When you remodel your bathroom, you can change that by creating a focal point with an eye-catching tile mosaic, an accent wall, or a special piece of art. You can also create a focal point of a specific feature, such as a freestanding tub or a one-of-a-kind vanity mirror.
- Update features for both design and efficiency. When you begin searching for stylish bathroom features, make opulence affordable by choosing pieces that are both lovely to look at and energy-efficient. Splurging on a gorgeous showerhead doesn’t feel unnecessarily indulgent when you realize you’ll save water with its low-flow feature. Likewise, if you’re going to update your commode, you might as well choose one that requires less water to flush, leading to long-term savings.
- Pay attention to the details. One thing all luxury bathrooms have in common is clear attention to detail. Not only does the color scheme and theme flow from features to walls to tiles, but details like cabinet hardware, lighting, and faucets align in style as well. This sense of visual cohesion makes it clear that this bathroom was carefully and professionally designed.
- Choose one splurge feature. What makes something luxurious is ultimately personal, and there’s a luxury bathroom feature out there for everyone. If you look forward to nothing more than a piping hot bath every evening, consider buying that dream claw foot tub. If you really want to experience luxury from head to toe, consider radiant-heat floors. Whatever the feature is, choose one that matters most to you, and give yourself something truly luxurious to look forward to.
It’s fun to envision your perfect bathroom, but stepping into it once it’s finished? That’s even better. At The Bath Shop, it’s our job to create the designer bathroom of your dreams. Contact us for a consultation to begin yours today.